It’s Viz’s 30th Anniversary, but they’re bringing the party to SDCC with guests, panels, and exclusives for fans to enjoy. Highlights I wish I could go to are the Pokemon Adventures manga creators panel, the 30th Anniversary Shikishi and Retrospective Displays, and of course the exclusives! I considered the pre-release of Yona of the Dawn, but I was disappointed by the last pre-release I got, so I think the Art of Pokemon Adventures would interest me more, just so I can get the convention bag. Cause I gotta get them all!
VIZ MEDIA ANNOUNCES CREATOR EVENTS AND FUN ACTIVITIES TO TAKE PLACE AT2016 COMIC-CON INTERNATIONAL
Welcome POKÉMON ADVENTURES Manga Creators
Hidenori Kusaka And Satoshi Yamamoto, As Well As The Senior Game Designer Of MAGIC: THE GATHERING And The Creator Of BEE AND PUPPYCAT
San Francisco, CA, July 14, 2016 – VIZ Media, LLC (VIZ Media), a premier company in the fields of publishing, animation distribution, and global entertainment licensing, has detailed a wide range of events and fun activities featuring special Guests of Honor as well a diverse collection of exclusive products available for purchase at the 2016 Comic-Con International.
Comic-Con International is one of the nation’s largest comic book, science fiction and pop culture events, and will take place July 20th–24th at the San Diego Convention Center, in San Diego, CA. VIZ Media will be located in Booth 2813. Complete details on Comic-Con are available at: www.comic-con.org.
This year, VIZ Media proudly welcomes the creators of the famed POKÉMON ADVENTURES manga series – Hidenori Kusaka and Satoshi Yamamoto – for their first professional appearance in North America. The pair are scheduled to meet fans for multiple autograph sessions and also will participate in a POKÉMON panel event alongside the VIZ Media series editors.
Also catch special signing sessions featuring James Wyatt, the Senior Game Designer for Magic: The Gathering and writer of VIZ Media’s acclaimed THE ART OF MAGIC: THE GATHERING books, as well as Natasha Allegri, the creator of BEE AND PUPPYCAT, who will appear to sign copies of the pre-release edition of the upcoming EASY EATS: A BEE AND PUPPYCAT COOKBOOK, set to debut later this summer by VIZ Media.
VIZ Media 2016 Comic-Con International Events
Thursday, July 21st
10:00am – 11:00pm WEEKLY SHONEN JUMP Panel / Podcast Event
Grab a seat and soak up rays of Shonen Jump goodness! Don’t miss exciting announcements, exclusive first looks, and a chance to win amazing prizes. It’ll all be recorded for the famous SJ Podcast!
4:00pm – 5:00pm VIZ Media Official Panel
Come party with VIZ Media! Learn about the upcoming releases and other announcements from North America’s largest distributor of manga and anime!
Saturday, July 23rd
1:00pm – 2:00pm Spotlight on POKÉMON ADVENTURES Creators
(Horton Grand Theatre)
The creative team behind VIZ Media’s POKÉMON ADVENTURES manga, Hidenori Kusaka (writer) and Satoshi Yamamoto (artist), will lead this special ticketed panel presentation. Attendees will receive a limited edition poster. Pairs of tickets for this exclusive event will be distributed from the Sails Pavilion starting at 9:00am Saturday morning.
3:00pm – 4:00pm POKÉMON ADVENTURES Creators Signing Session
(Sails Pavilion AA07)
Meet writer Hidenori Kusaka and artist Satoshi Yamamoto, the creators behind the POKÉMON ADVENTURES manga! All attendees at this signing session will receive a personalized shikishi art board! Please pick up a ticket from the Sails Pavilion starting at 9:00am Saturday morning.
10:00am – 6:00pm WEEKLY SHONEN JUMP Meet-Up
(5th Avenue Landing)
Don’t miss a special chance to meet fellow fans in this ultimate meet up for everything SHONEN JUMP! Discuss your favorite manga and characters with the Jump team, grab exclusive items, or just come by and say hi!
Sunday, July 24th
1:00pm – 2:00pm SAILOR MOON Official Panel
Join members of the VIZ Animation team for a presentation on all the ins and outs of the production of this legendary anime series as well as get news about the all new series, SAILOR MOON CRYSTAL!
Other fun activities taking place at the VIZ Media booth will include:
- Creator In-Booth Signing Sessions
- James Wyatt, Thursday, July 21st, 11:00am, and Friday, July 22nd, 2:30pm
- Natasha Allegri, Thursday, July 21st, 4:00pm, and Friday, July 22nd, 11am
- Hidenori Kusaka and Satoshi Yamamoto, Sunday, July 24th, 1:00pm
- VIZ Media 30th Anniversary Shikishi and Retrospective Displays
The booth will feature over 70 pieces of original art from legendary manga artists joining our celebration, as well as items from VIZ Media’s archives illustrating highlights from the company’s history!
- VIZ Media 30th Anniversary Prize Wheel
Celebrate VIZ Media’s 30th Anniversary and try your luck at our prize wheel for a chance to win exclusive goodies!
- SAILOR MOON Tiara Giveaway
Become a Guardian of Love and Justice with a special SAILOR MOON S tiara!
- Poster Giveaway
Get a MY HERO ACADEMIA, TOKYO GHOUL or POKÉMON ADVENTURES poster at the VIZ Media booth!
Please check the daily booth schedule for activity times, as well as for additional manga samplers and freebies!
The VIZ Media booth retail area will offer a variety of must-have 2016 Comic-Con International exclusives, presale items, and more, including:
- By VIZ Media Special Guests:
- THE ART OF POKÉMON ADVENTURES 2016 CON EXCLUSIVE: $15
- POKÉMON X•Y Vols. 1-3 Bundle: $10
- EASY EATS: A BEE AND PUPPYCAT COOKBOOK – $17 (Pre-release!)
- THE ART OF MAGIC: THE GATHERING – INNISTRAD: $30 (each purchase comes with a con-exclusive poster!)
- ONE PIECE Limited Edition Full-Color Framed Replicas: $230
- Manga Replicas (black & white) Direct From Japan
- TOKYO GHOUL – $15
- ONE-PUNCH MAN – $15
- YONA OF THE DAWN – Vol. 1: $10
- Get a copy at the booth before the official August 2016 release date!
- WEEKLY SHONEN JUMP Premium Annual Digital Subscription: $30
- Includes YU-GI-OH! card “Number S0: Utopic ZEXAL” and an exclusive Weekly Shonen Jump T-shirt
- ONE-PUNCH MAN Three Punches For Charity Posters: $10 ea
- Featuring three exclusive designs, all profits will go to Japan Tohoku and Kumamoto earthquake reconstruction-related charities
- SAILOR MOON S T-Shirt: $15
- A convention exclusive design featuring all of the Guardians’ symbols
- SAILOR MOON CRYSTAL Season 1 Set 1 Combo Pack: $65
- Preorder the home media debut and have it mailed as soon as it releases on August 16th
- Receive a special limited Edition SAILOR MOON Suncatcher as a free gift with at-show purchase
- SAILOR MOON S (Season 3) Limited Edition Combo Pack: $65
- Preorder the home media debut and have it mailed as soon as it releases in November 2016
- Receive a special limited edition SAILOR MOON S collectible coin as a free gift with at-show purchase
- Summer 2016 exclusive gift with any purchase at the booth – Limited Edition VIZ Media tote bags featuring favorite characters and offered in 2 different designs
- SAILOR MOON S
- ONE-PUNCH MAN
For additional information on anime and manga titles distributed and published by VIZ Media, please visit www.VIZ.com.
About VIZ Media, LLC
Established in 1986, VIZ Media is the premier company in the field of publishing, animation distribution, and global entertainment licensing. Along with its popular digital magazine WEEKLY SHONEN JUMP and blockbuster properties like NARUTO, DRAGON BALL, SAILOR MOON, and POKÉMON, VIZ Media offers an extensive library of titles and original content in a wide variety of book and video formats, as well as through official licensed merchandise. Owned by three of Japan’s largest publishing and entertainment companies, Shueisha Inc., Shogakukan Inc., and Shogakukan-Shueisha Productions, Co., Ltd., VIZ Media is dedicated to bringing the best titles for English-speaking audiences worldwide.
Learn more about VIZ Media and its properties at www.VIZ.com.